Sponsor

Thursday 19 May 2011

Music review: various artists - everyone wants to be a cat: Disney Jazz, Vol. 1

Nothing is worse as a MOM than to buy music for my children that I can't stand to listen to me. Kids do not seem to mind endless mind-numbing repetition, however, so I know if I will choose the music for my children it was better to be something, that I am ready to listen to innumerable times as well.

Everyone wants to be a cat: Disney Jazz, Vol. 1 definitely belongs to this category. In fact, we can all appreciate the great music that accompanied the top of our children Disney movies. Many of these fabulous songs were chosen by various renowned jazz musicians such as Joshua Redman, Esperanza Spalding and Regina Carter. Each artist chose a song, or a group of songs, from the collection of Disney and produced something that seems new and absolutely delicious. The result is something that children and adults can enjoy together again and again.

I also appreciate the opportunity to provide a great entry point for my children to other music styles as pop and easy listening music they hear normally. I have not heard much jazz grew up so it took me more time to learn how to take advantage. I want my children to have a positive experience with jazz, even at a very young age. We hope so they can build and develop this experience as they grow up.

The highlights of the CD are "Chim-Chim-Cheree of Esperanza Spalding." The original song is pleasant as such, but this jazz version adds even more emotion and joy of life to make it an instant hit. Even more surprising that me are the songs that normally I have no preference in original version but have been transformed into some of my favourite on the CD moments. The Bad Plus performs restitution called "Gaston" that captures the ridiculous nature of the character and humour of its complacency. "You have a friend in me," also, takes a sense of completely different when performed by Joshua Redman.

This CD is soothing and relaxing, making it an excellent solution for bed or as a background for the kid and party music adults alike.

-photo by Eggybird

See original article on African

No comments:

Post a Comment